Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Saints have an amazing nose!

 
 
Cassidy and her amazing nose. 
Cassidy had became very inquisitive in regards to the food that we eat.  Her first experience with steak I think showed us it was her favorite.  She would do anything for a piece of steak.  It was Winter one year and we wanted to give her a bath.  We could not get her in the bath tub.  While this had not been a problem in the past, as usually in Florida it is warm enough outside to bath the dog.  But this year was a very a odd cold winter.  We decide to cook a steak and use some to get her in the bath tub.  While the steak did work, it was a horrible experience.  She completely freaked out, and while she did get a bath, along with both of us and the entire bathroom!  She was kicking and trying to run in the bathtub when standing up.  She took a few hard falls that truly scared me.  I was so scared she was going to break a hip before we could get her out of the bathtub.  In the end, we never tried that again!  Like I said before, she is spooked easily and by many things.  Something she was able to get thought, others were so horrible we never tried again!  We found a groomer that would allow us to come in and bath her.  Why not just let someone do it for you?  I had a bad experience with my Golden long ago.  I am not sure what happen that day at the groomers, but I did not feel good about it and  I have not left my dog at a groomer since then.  So, for $12 we could use their tubs, shampoo, conditioner, tables, dryers and towels.  What a great deal.  I allowed them to groom her once while I was there with her.  They were almost done and Cassidy jumped off the table.  They wanted me to put her back on the table so they could finish.  I told them she was done and she looked fine.  The lady that was grooming her got a huge lick across the face before she jump down.  The lady told me what a sweet dog she was and it was obvious to her she had a good home. 
 
Cassidy was really taken with pizza as well.  All we ever feed her was a little crust with light sauce with cheese, but she loved it.  She would get excited when Mike cooked Pizza and knew what it was before she seen it.  One day we were hanging out in the front yard with my neighbors.  My neighbors dog was a fat black lab that was taken with Cassidy.  They loved each other and even had spend the night parties sometimes.  All of the sudden, a car passed, and Cassidy took off after the car.  The guy pulled up the curb a few house up.  He jumped out with a large pizza and headed to my neighbors front door.  All of the sudden here comes this huge Saint chasing him down, wagging her tail.  Thank God the guy was not scared of Cassidy.  He put the pizza high in the air as Cassidy followed him up to the front door.  We all went running to get her, but all laughed when we figured out why she chased the car.  She had pizza for the first time the night before.  In the end my neighbor received his pizza safe, Cassidy had some loving and we had a good laugh.  She never did chase a car after that.  It was the pizza she was chasing, not the car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment