Monday, September 10, 2012

Hardest day of my life

Cassidy
Today at 9:35am my baby girl passed. I could see a vision in my head as she crossed over the bridge. All her gray hair turned back to brown. Her slow limp became a trout, with her tail wagging and curled way up in an arch, showing how happy she is. You know they say the tail is connected to the heart, and I sure do believe that with Cassidy. From the first time I ever laid eyes on her it was love at first site. Mike, mom and several friends were  like Dixie, really? A Saint Bernard in Florida?
I have so many great stories of our life together. I want to share my stories as a celebration of her life.
The most amazing dog that has ever owned me. Tomorrow we will travel to the vet for the last time. She has lived over 13 years, 10 of the years by my side. I have so many wonderful memories of Cassidy. I want to share my experience of owning a huge, slobber machine. I hope you enjoy my stories, and soon come to understand how I ended up with a Saint Bernard in Florida.
.........................................................................................
Euthanasia is a kindness and a blessing when a pet is
suffering. I know from several experiences now how sad and hard it is to make
that decision. But it is the only decision we as loving pet owners can make, we
cannot allow our beloved pets to suffer pain for a minute longer than
necessary. And at least there is the chance to say goodbye and hold their paw
and stroke their head as they pass over the Rainbow Bridge as they are
blissfully relieved of their pain on this earth...


No comments:

Post a Comment